Why Study Abroad with MEI
Our guiding principle has always been to encourage students to learn about the world and how to live in it. It isn’t enough to travel abroad, visit historical sites and museums, and expect meaningful connections to happen automatically. Our mission is to offer a global high school experience with each lesson designed to inspire REAL education in the locations we visit.
An MEI Big Year Program combines Two Semester Programs.
The Big Year is designed so you can travel across the globe and connect your education to the REAL World. If you're interested in thinking BIG — this experiential year of learning will change your life.
Fall Semester: Europe
Three Course Program
Italy | Portugal | Spain | France | Switzerland | Germany
- Swiss Alps
- AP World History: Modern
- AP English Language and Comp.
- World History | CHY4U | SOC 30-1
- Healthy Active Living | PLF4M
- Human Dimensions | IDC4U
- English | ENG4U | ENG 30-1
- English | ENG3U | ENG 20-1
Find Out More
An MEI Semester Program combines Two Term Programs.
MEI Academy Semester offers you a choice between the best of Europe or Asia. Each day draws your mind into the events of the past and the possibilities of the future. If you're interested in an odyssey of a lifetime, a semester abroad is for you.
MEI Academy Summers offer you a choice between programs across the world, all uniquely designed to infuse course content with the locations we visit. Each day expands on ideas about the events of the past and the possibilities of the future. If you're interested in a REAL EDUCATION, a summer abroad is for you.
- Ministry-approved credit(s) upon successful completion of the course(s)
- Custom course pack
- Student Login
- MEI journal
- MEI T-Shirt
- Digital yearbook
- Hotels and accommodations
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Entrance fees to all course-specific sites
- Return airfare from Toronto's Pearson International Airport
- Approximate airline departure taxes, surcharges and fees
- Airfare between countries
- Transportation between hotel locations via private coach
- Transportation for all listed program excursions
Program Fee Does Not Include
- Local Transportation
- Course texts
- Medical Insurance and Cancellation Protection†
- Non-refundable $95 Registration Fee
† All students travelling with MEI Academy are required to purchase Medical Insurance.
**Program cost does not include non-refundable $95 registration fee or any airline taxes or fees. Please note the possibility of increases in airfares and land costs prior to departure. Any increase must be borne by the individual participant.